Town Commission Feedback
Throughout the Plan Central Vermont project, staff will be meeting with Town Planning Commissions as part of our public outreach efforts. The purpose of these meetings will be to give an update on our progress and make sure that each town knows how they can be more involved. So far, staff has met with Williamstown and Cabot.
We will also be receiving input from each town on what their priorities are for the Region. In these first two meetings, priorities came up such as:
- improved public transportation options and bike paths;
- sidewalks that connect village centers;
- a growing elderly population whose needs are not being met;
- a shortage of decent, affordable housing;
- a need for job creation and youth retention;
- livable villages with local business growth and retention; and
- a broader approach to environmental protection and renewable energy projects.